Wheels for Purpose
The Core 32s are designed to be a super lightweight, responsive, Wide+ disc wheelset that's deep enough to give you aero benefits on the flats, and seriously impresses on the hills. The wider profile design gives you the option to have increased Aero benefits by simply changing tyres. On climbs, the 32s will float below the bike as they glide up hills with ease. On descents, the Wide+ rims (30mm) really come into their own and will allow you to corner and brake with complete confidence. If you want to know more about wheel aerodynamics, and why we designed the Wide+ models, check out our Naturally NACA blog.
At only 1398g in weight, the Core 32s are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled performance.
The Wide 21mm internal profile lets you fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With a centrelock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when needed.
Rated by the Professionals
Tech Spec (summary)
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Type||Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||21mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front 2:1/21H, Rear 2:1/24H|
|Weight Limit||Total combined weight limit is 105kg|
Wide+ Toroidal Disc specific design for improved Aerodynamics. Check out our Naturally NACA Blog to know more about wheel system Aerodynamics.
- Disc specific design
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 21mm internal (30mm outer)
- 21 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Exclusive Patented Ratchet Drive hub system
- Single Ratchet disc and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centrelock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano (HG & HG+) /SRAM (PG) 8/9/10/11/12 speed compatible Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to.
Endurance Bearings: are fast & designed to stand the test of time, so you can ride as much as you want with confidence.
Race Bearings: But for those looking for every Watt gain, you may prefer super-fast Race bearings! *Please note: Race bearings are FAST, but they have non-contact seals which are less resistant to water.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Aero Wide+ 32-D wheels have been upgraded to the Pillar Wing 20 spoke. Following aerodynamic and laboratory testing, the Wing 20 offers increased aero benefits over all bladed spokes on the market with increased stiffness. At 4.3g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheelset that allows you to get up to speed fast with increased aero gains when at speed.
- High strength, Swedish Stainless Steel T302+ aero spoke (2.0mm – 1.2mm)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front/24 hole rear
- For nipples, we use Pillar Patented TG Lock square head so the nipples are locked into place
- Front: disc side 1x, drive side Radial
- Rear: disc side 1x, drive side 2x
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves