Redefine Your Ride
Hand-built, quality control checked & dispatched in-house. The Élan 50 was designed to offer the pinnacle in performance. Utilising high strength, super lightweight carbon spokes (2.6g each), our engineers have been able to create a wheelset that is incredibly lightweight, and incredibly responsive.
Due to the unique spoke design, our carbon spokes have significantly higher strength-to-weight ratio when compared to stainless steel spokes. The increased strength allows us to build more tension into the wheels for improved performance, but due to the mechanical properties of carbon spokes, road buzz is also reduced.
With 50mm rims on either end, the Élan's offer unparalleled level of performance when compared to rivals. These wheels are the go-to option for those looking for speed; they are deep enough to give you that boost when pressing on hard on the flats, light enough that they won't hold back on the hills and wide enough to allow you to corner hard, but with confidence! The Toroidal Wide+ profile gives you the option to have increased Aero benefits by simply changing tyres!
Weighing only 1,339g the Élan 50s are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 21mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Full Unidirectional Carbon
|Clincher Tubeless Ready
|Rim Width (external)
|Rim Width (internal)
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count
|Front (radial) 20H, Rear (2:1) 24H
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- High TG (Glass Transition) resin produces a lightweight, low void carbon which increases stiffness and resistance to heat on braking track (great for hard braking on descents)
- Wide 21mm internal profile produces a great tyre profile for improved grip and stability
- 28mm outer rim width provides ample clearance for brake manufacturers
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Tubeless ready design for increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressure
- Double Disc Ratchet Drive Hub System exclusive to Scribe.
- Available in all major standards: Shimano (HG & HG+) // SRAM (PG) 8,9,10,11,12 speed compatible Anti-bite freehub body / Campagnolo / XDR
- Ratchet Disc, Unique leaf & coil spring system offers incredible durability as there's few moving parts.
- Straight-Pull hub design.
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes, fully CNC'd rounded design.
Spokes and Nipples
- High strength, super lightweight UD carbon spokes (2.6g each)
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front/24 hole rear
- For nipples, we use Pillar Patented TG Lock square head so the nipples are locked into place
Quick Release (QR)
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional Items In The Box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Brake pads, specifically formulated for rim carbon/resin matrix. (x4)
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 120kg.