Wheels for Purpose
The Inception 38s were designed to be the ideal upgrade option for those chasing aero benefits on flats and a fast responding wheel set on hills. With 38mm hoops on either end, these wheels are excellent, versatile all-rounders.
Tipping the scales at 1,520g, the Inception 38s are lightweight and in terms of spec, there is nothing that comes close at this price point. Partnered with double-disc Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST.
The Wide 20.5mm internal profile lets you fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. By using a Super High TG Resin for the Inception 38s, you will be able to brake hard (especially on descents) as the braking track can withstand up to 240 degree Celsius! Partnered with our own braking compound, you'll be able to ride with confidence knowing you can scrub speed as needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||38mm Front/38mm Rear|
|Material||Full Unidirectional Carbon|
|Type||Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||28mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||20.5mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front (2-cross) 24H, Rear (2-cross) 24H|
|Weight Limit||Total combined weight limit is 125kg|
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- High TG (Glass Transition) resin produces a lightweight, low void carbon which increases stiffness and resistance to heat on braking track (great for hard braking on descents)
- Wide 20.5mm internal profile produces a great tyre profile for improved grip and stability
- 28mm outer rim width provides ample clearance for brake manufacturers
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Tubeless ready design for increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressure
- Ratchet Drive hub system
- Double Ratchet disc and leaf spring offers great durability and performance
- Heat treated stainless steel drive rings
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to.
Endurance Bearings: are fast & designed to stand the test of time, so you can ride as much as you want with confidence.
Race Bearings: But for those looking for every Watt gain, you may prefer super-fast Race bearings! *Please note: Race bearings are FAST, but they have non-contact seals which are less resistant to water.
Ceramic Bearings (Grade 3): If you're searching for ultimate levels of performance at a fraction of the cost, then Ceramic Bearings are your go to option. Offering an extended lifetime, lasting 3-5 times longer than regular steel bearings they also deliver a 5-9 watts energy saving which is huge!Front = 6802 (x2)Rear = 6902 (x2)Freehub = 6802 (x2)
Spokes and Nipples
- The Inception 38 wheels have been specced with Pillar SR1424 spokes. These spokes utilise Pillar's patented cold forge tech and offer up to a 30% weight saving without comprimising strength.
- High strength, Sandvik T302 (18/10)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- 24 hole front/24 hole rear
Quick Release (QR)
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Scribe Brake pads x4