Aero Wide 5065-D (1,498g)
Scribe Aero Wide 5065 Carbon Disc Wheel set
Please note: we have now SOLD THROUGH this batch arriving and we're expecting more July Week 1. If you would get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (no deposit is required).
Glide effortlessly at high speed... lead from the front.. solo away
Designed for purpose
The Scribe Aero 5065s were designed for one thing; and one thing only - speed! The deep Aero profile will glide effortlessly at speed as the wheels cut through the air across a wide range of yaw angles. If you want to go fast, these are the wheels for you!
Weighing only 1,498g, the Aero 50/65s are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||50mm Front / 65mm Rear|
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||26mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front 2:1 / 21H, Rear 2:1 / 24H|
Tech Spec (detail)
- Disc specific design.
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700 / T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 19mm internal (26mm outer)
- 21 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12, 15 and 9mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12, 135x12 and 135x12). At basket stage, just tell us which option you want and we'll fit for you
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. All of our wheels come with a fast Endurance bearing as standard but we also offer a Race bearing for those racing, or riding in drier weather. If you would prefer Race bearings, please tell us in the notes section when purchasing and your wheels will arrive with this standard. *there is no additional charge for bearing swop
- Endurance bearings: LU/LB TPI sealed bearing designed to stand the test of time so you can ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly.
- Race bearings: Japanese EZO bearing - incredibly fast, sealed, non-contact bearings. Spin up effortlessly and allow you to glide at speed. *not recommended for long periods of wet riding
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Aero 5065s use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front / 24 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Alloy Sapim double square head
- Front: disc side 1x, drive side Radial
- Rear: disc side 1x, drive side 2x
*we use the above lacing pattern as we can build strong wheels (due to the high spoke count - 21 front / 24 rear), and by lacing this way, we are able to add strength to the areas that need them most. For example, when you apply braking on disc brakes, wheel speed is slowed by applying force only on the disc side of the wheel. This is where support is needed.
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves x2
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4
- 6-bolt adapter x2 (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- 10-speed spacer
Add Some Rubber
Did you know we fit tyres free of charge! All you have to do is go to our Tyre section, add your tyre of choice to basket, and we'll set up as tubeless ready (fit tyres with tubeless fluid added)
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 105kgs. If a rider is in excess of 90kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.