Gravel Wide++ 650B CD (1,242g)
Scribe Carbon Gravel Wide++ 650 Disc Wheel set
Please note: We have now SOLD THROUGH this batch and we're expecting more April Week 2. If you would get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (*No deposit is required for reservations, however pre-orders will take priority)
They could be the fastest, most responsive, off-road, drop bar hoops you'll ever own!
Wheels for purpose:
The Scribe Carbon Gravel Wide++ was designed for challenging, mixed road conditions. Whether you're a complete off-road gravel rider, or simply like to hop-on/hop-off road/trail, you will have confidence these wheels will deliver.
Hitting the scales at 1,242g, the Gravel Carbons are robust and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best Gravel wheels out there. The Wide 25mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering (on-road and off-road), and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||23.5mm Front / 23.5mm Rear|
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||25mm (hookless design)|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front 1:1 / 28H, Rear 1:1 / 28H|
Tech Spec (detailed)
- Hookless rim design.
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700 / T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 25mm internal (30mm outer)
- 28 hole Front | 28 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design
- Unique, high-speed Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe. Check out our latest hub blog
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Sealed Stainless Steel Precision bearings with Scribe Race Grease (light, high speed)
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. This wheelset comes with sealed, low friction Endurance bearings that are designed to stand the test of time. Ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly
- High quality Taiwanese TPI stainless steel bearings (doesn't rust or corrode)
- Sealed cartridge units with 1x contact seal (outer facing seal interfaces with ball bearings to resist water penetration), and 1x non-contact seal (no interface between ball bearings increases rolling speed)
- Precision engineered to produce incredibly high roundness, with low friction surface
- Aqua grease: repels water and allows your bearing(s) to spin smoothly long term
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Gravel Wide+ use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed fast
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 28 hole front / 28 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Alloy Sapim double square head
- Front: disc side 2x, drive side 2x
- Rear: disc side 2x, drive side 2x
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 6-bolt adapter x2 (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- 10-speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 115kgs. If a rider is in excess of 95kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.