Scribe Pace Wheel set
Please note: we have SOLD OUT of this model. Next Batch will be arriving February week 4. To avoid disappointment and to make sure you get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (no deposit is required).
Super lightweight Alloy, Super fast engagement, Wide design, Race Bearings
Wheels for Purpose:
The Scribe Pace wheels where designed to be a super lightweight, high-responding, wide, alloy wheel set that doesn’t hold back on flats. With 31mm depths on the front and rear, you will get Aero benefits on the flats, but when you jump out of the saddle, these wheels will respond fast! Our lightweight design places them amongst carbon alternatives and by using hardened alloys, these hoops are robust. The Pace wheels are an excellent, performance alloy wheel set for those chasing an Aero edge. An excellent upgrade for those not interested in carbon.
The Pace alloy wheels are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best Aero alloy wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Scribe Five4 hubs (54-tooth / 6.6 degree engagement), these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless.
Technical Specification (summary)
|Material||Hardened, Super-lightweight Alloy|
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (Radial) 20H, Rear (Radial, 3x) 24H|
The Product in detail
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - super lightweight and responsive
- 20 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique, high-speed Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe. Check out our latest hub blog
- 54-tooth engagement ring with super-fast drive rate (6.6 degree)
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Enlarged drive-side flange for increased torsional strength
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted (SRAM XDR Driver also available
*Hub illustration: as the Scribe Five4 design has only one moving part, the system is highly responsive, yet offers incredible durability.
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. All of our wheels come with a fast Endurance bearing as standard but we also offer a Race bearing for those racing, or riding in drier weather. If you would prefer Race bearings, please tell us in the notes section when purchasing and your wheels will arrive with this standard. *there is no additional charge for bearing swop
- Endurance bearings: LU/LB TPI sealed bearing designed to stand the test of time so you can ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly.
- Race bearings: Japanese EZO bearing - incredibly fast, sealed, non-contact bearings. Spin up effortlessly and allow you to glide at speed. *not recommended for long periods of wet riding
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Pace wheels use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 20 hole front / 24 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Alloy Sapim double square head
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless valves x2
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 115kgs. If a rider is in excess of 105kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.