Scribe Duty Wheel set
Please note: we have SOLD OUT of this model. Next Batch will be arriving February week 4. To avoid disappointment and to make sure you get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (no deposit is required).
Robust and Aero... Toughened rims.. and Holds Pace!
Wheels for Purpose
Technical Specification (summary)
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (2x) 28H, Rear (2x) 32H|
The Product in detail
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - light in weight but super tough
- Asymmetric design for more even spoke tensions
- 28 hole Front | 32 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique, high-speed Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe
- 54-tooth engagement ring with super-fast drive rate (6.6 degree)
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Enlarged drive-side flange for increased torsional strength
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted (SRAM XDR Driver also available
*Scribe Five4 hub: 54-tooth Ratchet drive hub Exclusive to Scribe. With 6.6º engagement, our hubs respond fast, and as there's only one moving part, the freehub system is incredibly durable and easily serviceable.
- The Scribe Duty wheels use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 28 hole front / 32 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Brass Sapim double square head nipples. As the Duty's are designed to be exceptionally tough, brass nipples have significantly improved fatigue resistance when compared with alloy, and they don't corrode, so you can ride them in wet, salty conditions without having to worry about them failing.
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 130kgs. If a rider is in excess of 120kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic.