Scribe Duty Disc Wheel set
Please note: We have now SOLD THROUGH this batch and we're expecting more April Week 2. If you would get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (*No deposit is required for reservations, however pre-orders will take priority)
Robust and Aero... Toughened rims.. Holds pace on flats.
Wheels for Purpose
We designed the Scribe Duty to be a super strong, super robust wheel set with Aerodynamic ability. By using 30mm+ depth rims, combined with Sapim CX-Ray spokes, these wheels are Aero, and fast! You'll notice increased speeds as the wheels cut through the air everywhere you go. As the build features hardened alloy rims, combined with Sapim Brass spokes, the Duty-D are strong, durable and are designed to stand the test of time. (130kg weight limit).
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (2x) 28H, Rear (3x) 32H|
The Product in detail
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - light in weight but super tough
- Asymmetric design for more even spoke tensions
- 28 hole Front | 32 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Dutys use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster.
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 28 hole front / 32 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Brass Sapim double square head nipples. As the Duty's are designed to be exceptionally tough, brass nipples have significantly improved fatigue resistance when compared with alloy, and they don't corrode, so you can ride them in wet, salty conditions without having to worry about them failing.
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4
- 6-bolt adapter x2 (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- 10-speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 130kgs. If a rider is in excess of 120kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic.