Gravel Wide 700c (1,598g)
Scribe Gravel Disc 700 Wheel set
Please note: We have now SOLD THROUGH this batch and we're expecting more April Week 2. If you would get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (*No deposit is required for reservations, however pre-orders will take priority)
Tough, Lightweight, Super Responsive and Tubeless Ready
Wheels for Purpose:
The Scribe Carbon Gravel was designed for challenging, mixed road conditions. Whether you're a complete off-road gravel rider, or simply like to hop-on/hop-off road/trail, you will have confidence these wheels will deliver.
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
|Material||Hardened, Super-Lightweight Alloy|
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (2x) 28H, Rear (2x) 28H|
The Product in detail
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - light in weight but super tough
- Asymmetric design for more even spoke tensions
- 28 hole Front | 28 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Gravels are designed to be tough! For this reason, we have used Sapim's legendary d-Light (double butted) spokes. The short 2mm section at either end of spoke, and 1.65mm for the middle section offers a strong built that will still accelerate quickly. (2.0mm - 1.65mm - 2.0mm)
- Extremely high-fatigue test results means they are extremely durable
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Brass Sapim double square head nipples. As the Gravels will be exposed to most seasons, brass nipples have significantly improved fatigue resistance when compared with alloy, and they don't corrode, so you can ride them in wet, salty conditions without having to worry about them failing.
- Tubeless valves x2
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4
- 6-bolt adapter x2 (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- 10-speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 120kgs. If a rider is in excess of 110kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic.