Scribe Race Wheel set
Wheels for Purpose
The Scribe Race wheels were design to be just that: Race-ready! Our lightweight design places them amongst carbon alternatives and by using hardened alloys, these hoops are robust. The Race's are an excellent, performance alloy wheel set for those chasing a lightweight edge. An excellent upgrade for those not interested in carbon.
Weighing only 1,454g, the Race Alloys are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best performance alloy wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Scribe Five4 hubs (54-tooth / 6.6 degree engagement), these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless.
Technical Specification (summary)
|Material||Hardened, Super-Lightweight Alloy|
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (1:1 - Radial) 20H, Rear (2:1 - Radial, 2x) 24H|
The Product in detail
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - super lightweight and responsive
- 20 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique, high-speed Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe. Check out our latest hub blog
- 54-tooth engagement ring with super-fast drive rate (6.6 degree)
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Enlarged drive-side flange for increased torsional strength
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Sealed Stainless Steel Precision bearings with Scribe Race Grease (light, high speed)
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted (SRAM XDR Driver also available
*Hub illustration: as the Scribe Five4 design has only one moving part, the system is highly responsive, yet offers incredible durability.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Race wheels use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 20 hole front / 24 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Alloy Sapim double square head
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4