Wheels for Purpose
The Core 38s were designed to be the ultimate fast accelerating/super-lightweight option for those chasing aero benefits on flats and a fast responding wheel set on hills. With 38mm hoops on either end, these wheels are an excellent all-rounder.
Hitting the scales at only 1,375g, the Core 38s are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound feature amongst the best deep section wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 19mm internal profile lets you fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. By using a Super High TG Resin for the Core 38s, you will be able to brake hard (especially on descents) as the braking track can withstand up to 240 degree Celsius! Partnered with our own braking compound, you'll be able to ride with confidence knowing you can scrub speed as needed.
Rated by the Professionals
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||38mm Front/38mm Rear|
|Material||Full Unidirectional Carbon|
|Type||Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||26mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front (radial) 20H, Rear (2:1) 24H|
||Total combined weight limit is 100kg|
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- High TG (Glass Transition) resin produces a lightweight, low void carbon which increases stiffness and resistance to heat on braking track (great for hard braking on descents)
- Wide 19mm internal profile produces a great tyre profile for improved grip and stability
- 26mm outer rim width provides ample clearance for brake manufacturers
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Tubeless ready design for increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressure
- Patented Ratchet Drive hub system exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano (HG & HG+) /SRAM (PG) 8/9/10/11/12 speed compatible Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to.
Standard Bearings: are fast & designed to stand the test of time, so you can ride as much as you want with confidence.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Core 38 wheels have been upgraded to the Pillar Wing 20 spoke. Following aerodynamic and laboratory testing, the Wing 20 offers increased aero benefits over all bladed spokes on the market with increased stiffness. At 4.3g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheelset that allows you to get up to speed fast with increased aero gains when at speed.
- High strength, Swedish Stainless Steel T302+ aero spoke (2.0mm – 1.2mm)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front/24 hole rear
- For nipples, we use Pillar Patented TG Lock square head so the nipples are locked into place
Quick Release (QR)
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Spare nipples
- Carbon Rimbrake Pads (x4)