Scribe Race Wheelset
Please note: We are experiencing incredibly high demand for our wheels and we have now SOLD THROUGH this batch. We're expecting more August Week 3 and if you would get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order in full now, or you can reserve a set by using RESERVE code at basket stage. To reserve, simply click on the Pre-Order button then to use the code on next page. *A 10% Deposit is required to Reserve wheels and outstanding payment will be collected when wheels have arrived with us. Deposit is refundable.
Wheels for Purpose
The Scribe Race wheels were design to be just that: Race-ready! Our lightweight design places them amongst carbon alternatives and by using hardened alloys, these hoops are robust. The Race's are an excellent, performance alloy wheel set for those chasing a lightweight edge. An excellent upgrade for those not interested in carbon.
Weighing only 1,454g, the Race Alloys are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best performance alloy wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless.
Technical Spec (summary)
|Material||Hardened, Super-Lightweight Alloy|
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (1:1 - Radial) 20H, Rear (2:1 - Radial, 2x) 24H|
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - super lightweight and responsive
- 20 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. All of our wheels come with a fast Endurance bearing as standard but we also offer a Race bearing for those racing, or riding in drier weather. If you would prefer Race bearings, please tell us in the notes section when purchasing and your wheels will arrive with this standard. *there is no additional charge for bearing swap.
- Endurance bearings: LU/LB TPI sealed bearing designed to stand the test of time so you can ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly.
- Race bearings: Japanese EZO bearing - incredibly fast, sealed, non-contact bearings. Spin up effortlessly and allow you to glide at speed. *not recommended for long periods of wet riding
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Race wheels have been upgraded to the Pillar Wing 20 spoke. Following aerodynamic and laboratory testing, the Wing 20 offers increased aero benefits over all bladed spokes on the market with increased stiffness. At 4.3g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheelset that allows you to get up to speed fast with increased aero gains when at speed.
- High strength, Swedish Stainless Steel T302+ aero spoke (2.0mm – 1.2mm)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front/24 hole rear
- For nipples, we use Pillar Patented TG Lock square head so the nipples are locked into place
Quick Release (QR)
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless valves x2
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 100kg. If a rider is in excess of 90kg, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.