Scribe Duty Wheelset
Please note: We are experiencing incredibly high demand for our wheels and we have now SOLD THROUGH this batch. We're expecting more June Week 5 and if you would like to get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order in full now, or you can reserve a set by using RESERVE code at basket stage. To reserve, simply click on the Pre-Order button then to use the code on next page. *A 10% Deposit is required to Reserve wheels and outstanding payment will be collected when wheels have arrived with us. Deposit is refundable.
Robust and Aero. Toughened rims. Holds Pace.
Wheels for Purpose
Technical Spec (summary)
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (2x) 28H, Rear (3x) 32H|
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - light in weight but super tough
- Asymmetric design for more even spoke tensions
- 28 hole Front | 32 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Duty wheels use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 28 hole front / 32 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Brass Sapim double square head nipples. As the Duty's are designed to be exceptionally tough, brass nipples have significantly improved fatigue resistance when compared with alloy, and they don't corrode, so you can ride them in wet, salty conditions without having to worry about them failing.
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless valves
- QR Skewers
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 10 Speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 130kg. If a rider is in excess of 120kg, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic.