Wheels for Purpose
With a max loading of 120kgs, the Scribe Aero Wide+ 60-D HDs are a Heavy Duty model aimed at Powerful riders. With an increased spoke count and 2-cross lacing for the front and 3-cross lacing for the rear, these have a higher max loading compared to the standard 60-Ds but still have the same benefits when riding. These were designed to be a pure, flat speed disc wheelset. If you want speed, look no further. The deep section profiles will cut through the air allowing you to go faster with less effort, or go faster for the same effort! The Toroidal Wide+ profile gives you the option to have increased Aero benefits by simply changing tyres! If you want to know more about wheel aerodynamics, and why we designed the Wide+ models, check out our Naturally NACA blog.
Weighing only 1698g the Aero 60-D HDs are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 21mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Type||Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||21mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front 1:1/ 2x (24H), Rear 1:1/ 3x (28H)|
Wide+ Toroidal Disc specific design for improved Aerodynamics. Check out our Naturally NACA Blog to know more about wheel system Aerodynamics.
- Disc specific design
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 21mm internal (30mm outer)
- 21 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures.
- Patented Ratchet Drive hub system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano (HG & HG+) /SRAM (PG) 8/9/10/11/12 speed compatible Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. All of our wheels come with a fast Endurance bearing as standard but we also offer a Race bearing for those racing, or riding in drier weather. If you would prefer Race bearings, please tell us in the notes section when purchasing and your wheels will arrive with this standard. *there is no additional charge for bearing swap.
- Endurance bearings: these bearings are fast, and designed to stand the test of time so you can ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly
- Race bearings: incredibly fast, sealed, non-contact bearings. Spin up effortlessly and allow you to glide at speed. *not recommended for long periods of wet riding
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Aero Wide+ 60-D HD wheels have been upgraded to the Pillar Wing 20 spoke. Following aerodynamic and laboratory testing, the Wing 20 offers increased aero benefits over all bladed spokes on the market with increased stiffness. At 4.3g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheelset that allows you to get up to speed fast with increased aero gains when at speed.
- High strength, Swedish Stainless Steel T302+ aero spoke (2.0mm – 1.2mm)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- J-bend spokes
- 24 hole front/28 hole rear
- For nipples, we use Pillar Patented TG Lock square head so the nipples are locked into place
- Front: disc side 2-cross, drive side 2-cross
- Rear: disc side 3-cross, drive side 3-cross
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 6-bolt adapter (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- Lockring for 15mm axles
- Slim-fit lockring for tight clearing forks
- 10-speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 130kg. If a rider is in excess of 105kg, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic.